Saturday, October 13, 2007

Mama (88) watching herself on Internet

THE DAY AFTER - MARIE LOUISE 88
Today we went to the Summerhouse again. Clean up. Defreeze the freezer. Pick up some more things. Move chairs and tables inside. Arrange the flowers for their "wintersleep". Remove the Mailbox from the road. Bring up the Canoe. Harvest some grapes. All Business as usual.

Saturday's main objective: Show my Mother she is on Internet - the day after her 88 B D. (We brought some flowers, grapes from the garden - which is a must every year - and a box of French chocholade).

Challenge: Dinner at my brothers home. He has no Internet connection there. (How to be a Stoneager - he's a Lawyer). But, you know me: There is allways a solution. I simply brought my wireless box - the one I use in the Summerhouse - plugged in the cord and voila: On Net. So, here my mother is seeing herself for the first time in the cyberworld. 88 plus one day.

She liked what she observed. But, she did not bring her glasses. In spite of that, lot's of memories came back. Did she recall where and when? Guess. Oh yeah. Like it was yesterday. That's great.
- Did you make this? My mother asked
- Yes, I said
Then she begun to laugh. May be it was this she thought about:

Yea, It's my Mother and and me. In 1945. She had to hold me up. I did not walk until about --- hehehe - I was at least 15 months. And hair - even later - hahaha - and now I'm on Internet. In fact it's since 1989 (mail, BBS etc). Arranged the first education courses for Medical Doctors and Lawyers, Travel business and Media industry in 1995.
We left the Summerhouse today heading for my Mother. Has she been there lately? Last summer - on her way out of my Brothers Car.

On Saturday, it was Birthday dinner in my Brothers place. Here is our Mother and my Brother last Summer at Holmsbu. Before having Lunch. My brother is asking for service.

More to come.... (after our Womans day, November 3)

Take care of your self

PS. When writing this post and listening to the Radio (Norwegian Public Station): What do you think happened?
Papa fell in love. In the age of 62. In Bette Davis Eyes.

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Maribeth said...

How wonderful that she got to see what you had done.
Well over 20 years ago, my own grandmother got to see herself on TV while we were having a family party because we had set up the film recorder to the TV. Oh she was so impressed. As she was born in 1898 she was impressed with so many things that we take for granted now.
How I miss that dear woman!

October 13, 2007 11:49 pm  
Blogger Gattina said...

That must have been a big event for your mother to see herself on a screen ! We don't realize anymore how strange it is for people to imagine how they got in there ! I have heard the funniest remarks I should have noted them down. So you left your summerhouse until the next year ? What a changement for the little cats, to be inside cats again. But they are probably used to this seasonal changement.
BTW today I take the Cyber Cruise to the home of my friends in Italy which dates from 1462 ! It is really very special !

October 14, 2007 7:56 am  
Blogger Shionge said...

What a wonderful post and such a charming lady :D

October 15, 2007 9:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you are closing the summer house - stubborn - the season is over :-( We had a great one this year though - thanks for the good memories in Mariestad!

How great to show your honored Ma your post - think of what technological progress we've made since she was born!

Wishing you and Anna welcome home to your winter home and looking forward to see you in a couple of weeks :-)

October 15, 2007 8:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you are closing your summerhouse! Nice to have two houses! I'd like that! I imagine the feelings of your mother watching pics on screen! You were a beautiful baby Tor!

October 15, 2007 10:16 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

How exciting for your lovely mother, Tor. I love the photo of you and she when you were a baby-- so cute!

October 15, 2007 11:32 pm  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

How nice to meet your mama, Tor! She and I share the same middle name, Louise. That makes her extra special! :)

October 16, 2007 12:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I bet it was very uplifting for her to see. Both that you had done something special for her and to remember old memories like that :-)

So, you had never heard Kim Carnes before and Bette Davis Eyes? Oh,it was one of my favorites too. Haven't heard it though for ages now.

As you may have noticed in the "Coming Cruises Page" I haven't set any date yet for your strömstad post. We'll take it as it comes. When ever you're ready.

Just make a comment about it in my latest post when you're ready.

October 17, 2007 12:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now thats a wonderful gift for your mother,Tor!seeing herslelf thru the monitor :) I love her hairstyle,honestly ;)
hey,your brother looks cool Tor,thats makes you cooler?haha!

October 18, 2007 6:32 am  
Blogger MaR said...

What a beautiful birthday present for your mother! She looks darling, I love ladies who wear jewelry :)
Are you two boys in the family?

October 18, 2007 12:11 pm  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

That's so neat you did that for her and isn't it a thrill for both her and you? My dad thought it was amazing to see his poem and picture on the screen.

Your mom still has such nice hair!!
I bet she loved the chocolate too!

October 20, 2007 3:14 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home