Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Oddly Ghost - Halloween Cats

Lifecruiser Cyber Cruise Post
During the Wintertime, when the nights last for 20 hours and the polar wind pierce to the marrow, many spooky things happens. Trolls and Gnomes find their way to human settlements in hunt for food – covered by the dark winter Nights. The Farmers use to bring porridge to the Barns – in order to keep these creatures from the underworld friendly. But in apartment buildings there are no Barns. There is in cellars and air ducts in which strange creatures and sounds often can be heard.


Illustration by Gattina

In December last year, in the high season for Trolls and Gnomes, I went for a nap after dinner.

Tired I lay down on the bed, and was nearly in Dreamland, when the wardrobe Door, suddenly slide aside. The wardrobe goes from floor to ceiling. I could not see or hear a thing. I must have dreamt, I figured out. Trolls and Gnomes do usually make noises. Could it be some new specimens adapted to modern housing? Hmm.Ghost? The former owner?

I rolled over and was half back to Dreamland again, when the wardrobe door slowly closed. What a realistic dream. I could not see or hear a living being and the door closed right in front of my tired eyes. Is it Age or am I about to turn mad? Ghosts do not exist.

Then I fall in deep afternoon sleep. I didn’t even dream. Sure did me well, if it was not for the sudden awakening: Something heavy suddenly hit my stomach and disappeared as a fast shadow out of the sleeping Room. A Ghost? A Ghost that heavy? A Gnom?

No – it was Felicia – oh that adorable cat. Need no alarm clock when taking an afternoon nap when she’s around. She opens the door, peace of cake, climb up to the top – upper shelf, then closes the door again.

PS. This story is a rewriting from a post made in December 2006.

Labels: , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Shosh said...

My mother is a great believer in ghost and it's stories.

Sometimes, I almost convince myself I see some ghost, but I'd rather keep them in the confines of my fiction books.

October 23, 2007 10:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha, I remember that post. Really well written! I love it. And Felicia :-)

October 24, 2007 12:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't know that was coming! I expected the mischievous little gnome at first. LOL

October 24, 2007 2:33 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

What a scary story !!! I suffer with you ! This kind of ghost is haunting my house too and during the night pulls at my hair or purrs around my ears to take me down from dreamland to realistic world for ...... food !!

October 24, 2007 5:52 am  
Blogger MaR said...

I was getting all scared!!
great story, TorAa. I love naps :)

October 24, 2007 8:36 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

fantabulous post

October 24, 2007 10:58 am  
Blogger lime said...

hahahaha, how our imagination gets the best of us!

October 24, 2007 2:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny! It was only Felicia...but what a way to wake up, with a full grown cat landing on your stomach! By the way, my kids love the stories about the Tomten!

October 24, 2007 8:54 pm  
Blogger Andree said...

20 hours of night? Wow. I hope you continue to give us details of life in the far north. It is fascinating. I want more!

October 24, 2007 9:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do remember that story Tor and also when you gave me more details when together in Sweden :-)

Funny you where thinking of Trolls this time too then - Thanks for your comments on mine!

Z U Later this week :-)

October 24, 2007 10:00 pm  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

I used to love stories about trolls when I was a kid. I'd be deliciously scared.

Like Felicia made you feel with her silent magical appearance and disappearance. That sounds very cat-like, though.

October 25, 2007 11:41 am  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Leave it to kitties! I hate when my cat, Socks, wakes me up with her sandpaper tongue on my nose!!
When our cats die, maybe they come back to haunt us!!?? And I've had several black cats die too!

October 25, 2007 3:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one smart cat!

Our little furry friends can often be responsible for many of the scary things that go bump in the night ;-:

October 28, 2007 11:59 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home